Thursday, November 26, 2009

Does anyone have any ideas about how to manage curly hair?

pictures of cute hairstyles would be great or just anything on how to style it and what to put in it...btw i have blonde curly hair that is in layers to like my shoulders( a little longer)



Does anyone have any ideas about how to manage curly hair?

I don't have any pictures, sorry. I do have a lifetime of experience with curly hair though! Here is what I have done for the past 10 years. 1. I do not use shampoo. Shampoo is VERY drying and as anyone with curly hair knows, curly hair is dry anyway. I do use a paste of brown sugar and conditioner to exfoliate my scalp. 2. I condition every day. I use a conditioner especially for curly hair. 3. I NEVER use a comb, brush, pick or anything else on my hair. I finger comb it in the shower when it had conditioner in it. After rinsing it, I gently squeeze it in a towel. Almost a blotting motion (keeps the curls together) 4. I use only mousse that does not have any alcohol in them. Alcohol is also very drying. I scrunch the mousse though my hair starting from the back with my head hanging down. I then stand up straight and shake my head. Then I do not touch my hair again. Every time you touch your hair, it breaks the curl. Doing these things keeps my hair soft as silk and the curls defined and shiny. I get compliments daily on how my hair looks. Good luck Curly Girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan